[Board] [EXTERNAL] Re: Support fot OSGeo officers (Re: My attendance in Portland)

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Wed Jul 16 06:29:45 PDT 2014

What if you try to avoid to let a single person travel around the world
until he resigns because he run out of money or just got burned out? ;-)
It may be fun (for a while), but it is also a lot of work.

Open source software development is done by a community and not a single
person/company. That's why we are strong. So isn't better to let the nearby
OSGeo "advocates" speak and OSGeo could offer to pay (if requested)  for
the travel expenses from a yearly budget. This would lower the costs and
share the work.

And if a conference wants to have the president speaking, then they must
cover the travel expenses.

Daniel

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de