[Board] Charter Member withdrawal

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Thu Jun 19 23:49:51 PDT 2014

Hi,

A Charter Member asked me to step down because of lack of time to
participate on OSGeo activities. Our bylaws state that a CM can voluntarily
pass to an emeritus status or just a complete withdrawal of membership.
There is any specific procedure for this? Shall he just write an email to
the discuss or board list asking for one or the other status? Then removing
him from any database and placing his name somewhere to appreciate his past
job as I seen on committees?

Bylaws ask for a written and signed request to any officer but I understand
this is too "analogic", isn't it?

Best
--
Jorge Sanz