[Board] projects mailing list

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 2 12:39:53 PDT 2014

Board,

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Fenoy Gerald <gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I think this is an important topic and we should think of updating the www.osgeo.org web site.
>
> From my point of view we have a lot of material available in the wiki format, let say the most
> recent/up-to-date content is in this form. We have all the users subscribed there already they
> know how to fill or create the content they want.
>
> Nevertheless, I don’t think that it is a good idea to use the wiki design for the www.osgeo.org.
> So we should probably think of a solution "in-the-middle", for instance a solution which is able to
> transform the wiki pages content in well designed web pages.

I agree - just think of spam stuff which might pop up right away or
editing in progress.
Content on the master pages should be somewhat approved/verified. So a
moderated (!) information flow from the Wiki to OSGeo would be
perfect.

Certainly we should consider to redo the master site from scratch if
Drupal migration continuous to be blocked by technical obstacles of
migration between major versions (as far as I understand the current
situation).

Just my 0.02,
Markus