[Board] incubation and risk

Mattmann, Chris A (3980) chris.a.mattmann at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Oct 5 23:13:29 PDT 2014

Guys, if the Projects (or in ASF parlance, PMCs) are responsible
for doing code audits, I would love to encourage you to check out
a Distributed Code Audit Tool (DRAT, Distributed Release Audit
Tool) that we have been baking up in my team.

I intend to bring it to the Apache Software Foundation as a project
and am working on the necessary approvals to get that done,
but it¹s free and easy/able to use for projects in OSGeo too, and
we have been working with it for over a year now. It builds and
expands upon the Apache Release Audit Tool (RAT) and makes it a
lot more expressive and scalable.

Just saw this thread and thought I¹d chime in since I saw that
projects/PMCs are responsible from the OSGeo sense in checking
this and thought I¹d point them at this tool:

http://github.com/chrismattmann/drat/

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.