[Board] Letter of Support for FOSS4G Perú 2014

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Oct 7 13:08:30 PDT 2014

Hello Board,

I have been contacted by a member of the OSGeo Perú chapter[1], Juan
Manuel Delgado Estrada, who would like OSGeo to sign a letter showing
our support for the first FOSS4G Peru event.  The support letter, as I
understand it, will help the chapter possibly get funding for the event.

Juan has told me that no funding is required from OSGeo, but the letter
does list an amount that OSGeo would contribute in-kind (equivalent to
2,000 USD), through contributions such as me already emailing them or
also submitting a written introduction to the event.

As I understand it, they need to submit this letter before 10 October,
so we'll need to move fast either way.

I will send the letter to Board members privately (one letter and one
intro to the event), and as they are in Spanish maybe it would be
helpful for Jorge to take a glance at it.

I don't see any issue in signing the letter of support for their FOSS4G
event, but I just wanted to make sure the Board is aware.

(Juan follows the Board mailing list, and you can see his formal email
request below)

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Per%C3%BA

Thanks,

-jeff