[Board] resignation

Michael Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Mon Sep 15 12:14:22 PDT 2014

Deja vu all over again.

I was in on the very first discussions about LocationTech a few years ago
and it was very contentious back then too: I got some very un-osgeo-like
bad emails from a few individuals about the whole thing, and it soured me
completely on the whole topic.

If anyone still cares, my feelings remain simply this: the two groups are
different, and they shouldn't be mixed. OSGeo tends to be more people- and
community-oriented, for example, (in my opinion!) than LocationTech does --
and that's niether good nor bad, it just is.

Allow each organization to do it's own thing. Allow a project, company, or
individual to be a part of either or both. Have booths at each others'
events. But don't try to bring the two any closer than that.

-mpg