[Board] osgeo labs

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Sep 18 13:56:05 PDT 2014

> We should find a name. "OSGeo recognized project"?

Picking names is hard. Just to give you my feeling : "OSGeo recognized
project" would sound as something "superior" than a actual "OSGeo project".
But, talk that with a grain of salt, I can miss subtelties of the English
language

"In-progress OSGeo project"?, not great and would be confusing with
"Incubating OSGeo project"

Maybe "OSGeo associated project" / "Associated OSGeo project" ?

Instead of words, why not having figures to measure the level of progress. You
would have Level-1 OSGeo project (=Labs), Level-2 OSGeo project (=Incubating),
Level-3 OSGeo project (=Graduated).
Or <jedi_joke>Initiate OSGeo project, Padawan OSGeo project and Knight OSGeo
project <!-- keeping Master for future --> </jedi_joke>

Just thinking out loud...

Even

http://www.spatialys.com