[Board] [OSGeo-Standards] Please review: Open Letter asking to avoid format fragmentation in LiDAR standards

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 07:27:48 PDT 2015

Hi Massimo,
There is a summary of sorts at the start of Martin Isenburg's history
[1]. Not sure if that is what you are looking for?

ESRI has responded with some motherhood statements that they like Open
Standards, while avoiding the specific question about fragmenting the
LiDAR standard. I'm currently crafting a response to refute ESRI's
statement, point by point.

[1]
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/LIDAR_Format_Letter#History:_LAS_and_ESRI.27s_.22Optimized_LAS.22

--