[Board] minutes 2015-08-13 - fixed

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Aug 18 07:59:41 PDT 2015

Votes inline below:

On 2015-08-18 9:20 AM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> 1. Approve past meeting's minutes

+1

Thanks for the minutes Jachym, and also for creating the next meeting
template (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2015-10-15)

> 2. Proceed with elections with proposed timeline on
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2015 , add in the survey results
> there, and to proceed this year with the 2014 process.
> (YES/(YES+NO+ABSTAIN)*100 (2014 formula))

+1

Thanks Vasile for all of this work with the survey, lots of great
information to process.  I'm very exciting to hear community members
excited about Charter Member elections.

> 3. approve the creation of the new Open Geoscience Committee, as per
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Open_Geoscience_Committee , with the
> condition of naming a chair

+1

Excellent!

> 4. approve the creation of the new Code Of Conduct Committee, as per
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/CodeOfConduct_Committee , pending
> clarification of the purpose of the smaller voting committee and its
> interaction with the OSGeo Board ("... will maintain a smaller voting
> committee ... to handle CoC incidents and violations" ?)

+1

Glad to see this moving forward, with one clarification to the Board.
Thanks for pushing this Kristin and Camille!

> 5. approve the renewal of the ICA-OSGeo MoU as per
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_ICA

+1

This is big news, that will be shared by the ICA president next week at
their event in Brazil, and by us at FOSS4G-Seoul.  Notice the addition
of the GeoForAll initiative in the agreement.  Thank you to Helena for
making Georg and I sit down to do this together at FOSS4G-Como!

> 6. approve refund for FOSDEM 2014 marketing materials (280 €)

+1

Thanks Anne!

> 7. accept GeoNode into OSGeo Incubation, as recommended by the
> Incubation Committee

+1 thanks Jody!

-jeff