[Board] Request for copies of past agreements between OSGeo and FOSS4G LOCs

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Aug 21 09:08:49 PDT 2015

Hi Steven,

As I've mentioned before, for each past FOSS4G the agreement, always
between the Professional Conference Organizer and OSGeo, varies.  This
year for FOSS4G-Seoul, Sanghee and I signed a direct agreement
(originally back in October 2014, and modified last month in Como).
Since it doesn't involve the PCO's private rates and details, I believe
we can share it here:

- PDF
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/2015/documents/OSGeo-KSIS-seed-funding-agreement.pdf
- ODT (OpenOffice)
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/2015/documents/OSGeo-KSIS-seed-funding-agreement.odt

(excuse my highlighting, as those were where we changed the agreement,
per Sanghee's requests)

In terms of each past FOSS4G, I encourage you to contact each chair
directly, as there will definitely be confidentiality issues to
overcome, as often/each time the PCO requests not to share the
agreement, as it contains their rates (for contact addresses, on page 3
of the 2016 RFP document you'll notice that I have been recording each
chair's contact details since 2003).

For example, I've checked the 2014 Portland agreement with their PCO
"VTM Group", and (in Section3), it describes the use of the seed/advance
money.  But of course, Darrell would be the person to share this
document with the OSGeo Conference Committee himself. (the file I have
is named "VTM Group Services Agreement_OSGEO_signed.pdf", so Darrell can
find it and share with you directly)

In 2013, it seems the contract was between "Devere Venues", but it is
hard to see the relevant section of that contract. (Steven is the
contact here to followup per confidentiality issues and ask for a copy)
  I do have a copy of that agreement. (the file I have is named "1694660
- Foss4G - Sept 2013 V6 July 2013.pdf" so Steven can find it and share
with you directly)

In 2011, the agreement was with GITA as well the Sheraton hotel. (PeterB
is the contact here to followup per confidentiality issues and ask for a
copy). I do have a copy of those agreements. (the file I have is named
"GITA OSGEO Agreement 3.doc", so Peter can find it and share with you
directly)

In 2010, the agreement was with the PCO "Groupo Pacifico" (Lorenzo is
the contact here to follow per confidentiality issues and ask for a
copy). I do have a copy of that agreement. (the file I have is named
"Contrato_OSGeo_v7_approved.pdf", so Lorenzo can find it and share with
you directly)

In 2009, the agreement was with the PCO "Tour Hosts" (Cameron is the
contact here to followup and ask for a copy per confidentiality issues).
I do have a copy of that agreement.  (the file I have is named "Contract
FOSS4G Vers1 12May08.doc", so Cameron can find it and share with you
directly)

In 2008, the agreement was with the local association "GISSA". (Gavin is
the contact here to followup and ask for a copy per confidentiality
issues). I do have a copy of that agreement.  I believe the seed money
in that case was provided by GISSA, but Gavin would be the person to
contact directly about this.  (the file I have is named
"FOSS4G2008finances.zip" and contains various contracts, so Gavin can
find it to share with you directly)

In 2007, the agreement was with the PCO "Sea to Sky". (PaulR is the
contact here to followup and ask for a copy per confidentiality issues).
I do have a copy of the private final report by the PCO named "FOSS4G
2007 Final Report_private.pdf", but I don't think I have a copy of the
PCO agreement.

I don't see the agreement with 2006, but definitely contact Claude
directly to get a copy of their agreement.

---

That said, this is good timing as it clearly points to the foundation's
need of a private repository for storing files.  I've requested that the
OSGeo Secretary tackle this.

-jeff