[Board] Barn raising: osgeo.org web site

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Dec 3 04:22:18 PST 2015

Hi Ian,

Thanks for proposing this.  I agree, we need a "not invented here"
approach, to make this possible.  It is sure time for this upgrade.  I
have added your proposal to the next board meeting agenda, Ian could you
also attend that IRC meeting, to help guide this topic?  See the exact
time at the top of this page:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2015-12-10

I would also like to see this plan (including the nodes transferred) on
the OSGeo wiki.  Could you also start drafting these plans on the OSGeo
wiki, and share that link with everyone?

One big part of this upgrade is the Service Providers page
(http://www.osgeo.org/search_profile), which I believe is made up on
custom PHP.  Please include your plans for this in the wiki (or a section
on the wiki for this so we can get proposals/ideas for how to improve this
search tool.

We will of course need to work closely with the SAC committee on this, and
we can share these wiki plans with them, for their approval.

Thanks again for pushing this.

-jeff