[Board] geoserver code sprint funding request

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 12:09:58 PST 2015

I continue to update the above budget
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mp2xWq95t1rqwle6_WCQ0qD8D9-1icitLH0AiJQ7r4Y/edit#gid=990228872&vpid=A1>,
let me know if there are any suggestions or recommendations.

I have answered a few questions about the nature and scope of the sprint on
and off list. Thus far the feedback has been along the lines of "well done
raising funds for maintenance work" and reassurance that this is not a
corporate event.

The other odd thing to clarify is how the GeoServer project operates. The
GeoServer PSC operates as an OSGeo subcommittee on behalf of the
Foundation. Sprint sponsorship and fundraising by necessity goes through
our financial officer (as we have no wish to set up an additional agency
for the project.) For reference this is a much closer (and formal)
relationship then between OSGeo and local chapters.
--
Jody

--
Jody Garnett