[Board] request for accepting OSGeo.cz as offical OSGeo Local Chapter

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 12:29:11 PST 2015

Hi Board,

based on OSGeo.cz Board meeting [3] I would like to officially ask the
Board, whether you could accept Association "Otevřená GeoInfrastruktura"
(Open GeoInfrastructure) - OSGeo.cz as OSGeo Local Chapter.

The association [1] was formed about 2 years ago (2014-01-15) as Czech
registered legal entity. Several members of the Board of OSGeo.cz are also
OSGeo charter members (Martin Landa, Jan Jezek and myself).

According to our bylaws [2] we have two main points as our scope:

1 - To promote open source software for geospatial not only in public
administration and education
2 - To promote open geospatial data

The representative to OSGeo would be me - Jachym Cepicky

I hope, this letter is acceptable, as required for official Chapter
Formation

Thanks

Jachym Cepicky - OSGeo.cz

[1] http://osgeo.cz