[Board] Motion: letter of support for proposal to Ministry of Education, University and Research in Italy

Polimi maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Fri Dec 11 15:21:56 PST 2015

Dear OSGeo Board Members
together with colleagues of other italian universities we are writing a proposal in answering the current call of the Italian Ministry of University. We are proposing a reseach based of urban geo big data (abstract already sent. The abstract was modified as Jody suggested putting "geospatial database" instead of "geodatabase" which can be misunderstood).
The units involved are:
Politecnico di Milano (PI) Maria Brovelli
Politecnico di Torino, Piero Boccardo
La Sapienza University Rome, Mattia Crespi
Padua University, Francesco Pirotti
CNR, Riccardo Lanari
ISPRA, Michele Munafò
The project is based on open data and openGIS software. I wonder if, as *OSGeo*, you may/want to provide an endorsement letter. In case, I attached in my previous mail a draft where simply you say that the project is of interest. Obviously feel free to modify or add what you want in the endorsement letter.
Best regards.
Maria

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/5 "Web and Cloud Based Geospatial Services and Applications"; OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET

Sol Katz Award 2015

Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALY)
Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321
e-mail1: maria.brovelli at polimi.it
e-mail2: prorettrice at como.polimi.it