[Board] Recognizing monetary contributions by Local Chapters

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Sat Dec 12 17:42:39 PST 2015

Dear All,

I brought up the topic of *requesting* Sponsorship from "official" Local
Chapters at the last Board meeting. While it may be difficult to make such
sponsorship mandatory, it would be good to recognize monetary sponsorship
for Local Chapters as equivalent to sponsoring OSGeo foundation at
appropriate
level.

I would like to propose that the recent contribution (profits for FOSS4G
2015)
by the Korean Local Chapter be recognized as equivalent to life time
sponsorship
at Silver Leval [1]. Earlier contributions of other local chapters (e.g
PDX etc.) could
be similarly recognized.

Doing so could serve two purposes. Firstly, we will see the sponsorship
page more
densely populated. Secondly, it may prompt other local chapters to make
voluntary
contributions to keep our Foundation running.

Best

Venka