[Board] Minutes and motions from 15/12/10 meeting

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Mon Dec 14 17:21:01 PST 2015

On 12/15/2015 12:14 AM, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:
> Jody,
> thanks for taking the initiative of summing up the meeting remaining
> motions.
> For the future, as it was for the past, I think this is a task of the
> presiding or scribing of the meeting and this role should be respected.
I agree Maxi about the summing of of BoD meetings by president or scribe and
this could be continued in the future.

I votes for the remaining motions inline.
> Here is my votes in consideration also of the latest events:
>
> 1. Approve prior meeting minutes
> <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2015-11-12> (from Nov 12)
>
> +1
+1, Venka.
> 2.  Recognize mdsmith as our representative to LocationTech
>
> -1
> I approve Mike as OSGeo representative but I would like to discuss at the
> F2F meeting the role and function of this representative and if it is
> needed.

-1, Venka. I agree to Mike attending the monthly LocationTech hangout as
a representative
of the OSGeo Board. I thank Mike for volunteering for this.

I need more clarification on The role and functions of Board member at
the LocatioTech hangout
and think this matter can be taken up during out f2f in late Jan. 2016.
> 3. geoServer PSC request $1500 CAD
> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mp2xWq95t1rqwle6_WCQ0qD8D9-1icitLH0AiJQ7r4Y/edit?usp=sharing>
> towards
> GeoServer code sprint
> <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoServer_Code_Sprint_2016>
>
> +1, even if I cannot see what the money are for I aknowledge the great work
> of the Geoserver team and well deserve support

+1, Venka
> 4. Schedule next IRC board meeting for Jan 7th at 2 pm UTC
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2016&month=1&day=7&hour=14&min=0&sec=0%2015.00UTC>
>
> -1
> This is still in holiday period and since we have a F2F meeting the next
> month I believe the January IRC meeting should be withdrawn.

-1 Venka. I will be on winter vacation and will be unavailable on 7 Jan,
2016.
Since we will be spending many hours at f2f, I think IRC meeting for
Jan. could
be cancelled. Any urgent matter could be discussed on the board list.

Best

Venka