[Board] board f2f planning / prep

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Wed Dec 16 13:58:42 PST 2015

I agree that for this meeting we don't need external facilitator - I have
participated in numerous meetings with facilitators and this approach is
useful for larger groups of people (30-40) rather than a small group like
our board.

One issue that we need to keep in mind when addressing the topics on the
wiki program is our non-profit status with IRS. I think we all should read
the document and the answers to IRS questions before the meeting - if any
board member knows where to find these please add the links to the wiki
agenda.

Thank you, Helena

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 12:48 AM, Vasile Craciunescu <vasile at geo-spatial.org
> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Like Maxi, I don't see the need for an external facilitator. Anyway, the
> meeting agenda is extremely important. Let's start working on that. The
> wiki page for the meeting [1] already include the general topics. Please
> add your specific topics and let's try to allocate a time frame for each
> topic.
>
> Best,
> Vasile
>
> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Face_to_Face_Meeting_2016
>
> On 12/16/15 9:42 AM, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> personally i don't think we need any facilitator to have a F2F meeting
>> between few people.
>>
>> Before taking any action in this direction I request to be discussed and
>> eventually voted.
>>
>> best
>> Maxi

>> <mailto:jody.garnett at gmail.com>>:
>>
>>     I have not seen the agenda for f2f meeting yet.
>>
>>     Personally I would prefer it focus on longer term strategy then our
>>     usual month to month IRC meetings.
>>
>>     --
>>     Jody Garnett
>>
>>     On 15 December 2015 at 22:51, Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting
>>     OSGeo.nl <gert-jan at osgeo.nl <mailto:gert-jan at osgeo.nl>> wrote:
>>
>>         Hi Jody and others, ____
>>
>>         __ __
>>
>>         Actually I have had (informal) contact with 2 process
>>         facilitators, who might be willing to take this (paid) role.____
>>
>>         Some instant remarks on this:____
>>
>>         - do you need a facilitator just for the weekend or also for the
>>         preparations (to be honest, the f2f agenda so far seems to focus
>>         on practical issues, not on the agenda itself)____
>>
>>         - is the goal of the f2f to define a OSGeo strategy for the next
>>         few years, or about "how to run an not-for-profit organisation".
>>         ____
>>
>>         - or is it even -given Jeff's resigning- more about how to run a
>>         Board with different persons, cultures, ideas (which might
>>         require a more mediator-like facilitator)____
>>
>>         __ __
>>
>>         Or just someone who takes the notes, makes sure the coffee is at
>>         the right temperature etc.____
>>
>>         __ __
>>
>>         __ __
>>
>>         __ __
>>
>>         Kind regards, ____
>>
>>         __ __
>>
>>         Gert-Jan____
>>
>>         __ __
>>
>>         __ __

Helena Mitasova
Professor
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
1125 Jordan Hall
NCSU Box 8208
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208