[Board] f2f preparations: facilitator

Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Fri Dec 18 06:00:32 PST 2015

Dear Board,

A few weeks ago the idea arose from me and several others to use a
facilitator for the Board f2f meeting in Holland in January.

Since you're all putting a lot of effort, time and money I'd be glad to help
a little wherever possible.

Jody asked on [discuss] if anybody knows someone in the region who can do
so, and I replied have some people in Holland in mind for such a task.

Since then, several board members (Helena, Vasile, Maxi) mentioned that they
do not see the need for a facilitator at all.

Therefore my question to the Board is: is there is a need or not for a
(local) facilitator for the f2f.

Of course, if the Board decides not to use a facilitator that's OK with me
as well. It's up to you ;-)

If a more clear possible role or profile is needed to make up your minds, I
can write a short proposal for that.

Kind regards,

Gert-Jan