[Board] FOSS4G 2015 Europe Invited Speech

Maria Antonia Brovelli maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Sun Feb 1 03:24:30 PST 2015

Dear Members of the Board

as you know I'm organizing the 2015 Europe Conference of FOSS4G  in Como.

The registration fees that we (the organizing Committee) decided to propose are very low: (50 euro for students, 100 for all the other participants). Collecting sponsors is difficult and therefore the only thing that I can do is to reduce the costs.

I want to have high level invited speakers and I'm collecting some distinguished names (coming on the basis of simply friendship with me):

Alessadro Annoni (JRC; INSPIRE; GEOSS)

KI-Juone Li (Korea --> link to FOSS4G International, OGC)

Georg Gartner (ICA)

Chen Jun (ISPRS) or the General Secretary of ISPRS

I asked Jeff if he can be here presenting the mission and vision of OSGeo in Europe (and in the world) for next years, but I clarified that I'm not able to support his travel or his stay here. In case this will be no possible, for economic reason that I understand perfectly (me too I have very often difficulties in attending conferences here and there in the world) I kindly ask you who is the person I can mention on the website of the Conference that will present OSGeo in such an occasion. There are members of the Board living in Europe: for them costs are definitely less.
Please consider that I'm NOT asking the registration to invited speakers and definitely, if I saved money, I would reimburse part of their cost. But at the moment I'm not able to ensure this.
Many thanks and have a nice sunday.
Maria

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
Politecnico di Milano

FOSS4G Europe - Don't miss it!
  http://europe.foss4g.org/2015/Home

ISPRS WG IV/5 "Web and Cloud Based Geospatial Services and Applications"; OSGeo; ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET

Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALY)
Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321
e-mail1: <mailto:maria.brovelli at polimi.it> maria.brovelli at polimi.it
e-mail2: prorettrice at como.polimi.it