[Board] [Marketing] OSGeo Live USB / Pricing / Vendors ?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 14:00:22 PST 2015

Hi Peter,
Your question is timely, as we have been discussing the process of
funding OSGeo-Live USBs in our recent OSGeo-Live weekly meetings.

In particular, creating bootable USBs is non-trivial and we have found
many printers get it wrong. We are thinking about setting up a favourite
printer, and doing a print run of multiple USBs, then mailing out to
conferences. Funding will need to be resolved, but might be something
that should be covered by OSGeo Marketing budget.

Alex and Brian have more experience with printing USBs and can probably
add to my comments.

At the moment, there is a bit of information here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Including_OSGeo-Live_at_your_event