[Board] Kicking off Elections 2015 process

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jul 27 06:40:10 PDT 2015

Hi Vasile,

Well done!  Like you said, this has never been done before, so I give
you a huge pat on the back.

The only major change I would make is to remove the "prestige" question
fully from the poll:

   "Charter membership should not be used as an honor or mark of
prestige instead those should be addressed by:"

I would remove that whole question, as the options don't really make sense.

I also am tempted to add one more question, that I really would like to
ask the OSGeo Charter Members directly;

***
Regarding how the OSGeo Board should represent the community, would you
support a new structure of the Board where each recognized local chapter
chair is given a seat on the OSGeo Board.  Therefore, public elections
for Board members would no longer occur; instead, Board members would be
local chapter chairs.

Yes/No

***

My logic is to ask this to the Charter members directly (instead of a
long discussion at the Board level).

Thanks again Vasile!

-jeff