[Board] motions from June 18 meeting

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Jun 20 05:30:51 PDT 2015

Hi Vasile,

Thanks for recording the minutes.  I've also started a page for the next
board meeting at: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2015-07-17

My votes on the motions are inline below:

> 1) Approve past meeting's minutes

+1

> 2) Accept OSGeo-BE as an official OSGeo Local Chapter with Dirk Frigne
> as liaison officer

+1 congrats to the OSGeo-BE chapter! We should work on a news release
early this week.

> 3) Move along with the 2015 election process with Vasile Craciunescu as
> CRO for 2015

+1 thank you Vasile for taking this role, as you can see already it is
always an interesting position to fill :)

> 4) Approve to fund OSGeo President’s travel to FOSS4G Seoul including
> hotel & air fares in amount of USD3,000. The topic was not discussed
> during the meeting but it was already agreed in past years and the
> prices (hotel, plane) can go up if we  wait until the meeting in Como.

Abstain.

But, I want to be open with this (well, I must).  The Board will
remember that during the April meeting we approved travel to SDI-Open in
Brazil in August, for me/OSGeo President.  For FOSS4G-Como I am
volunteering at a pre-event that will cover the cost of my flight.  To
be honest and open: right now my passport is being renewed (you pass in
your passport for 2 weeks to 1 month), I will get it back in time for
Como.  Then after Como, that doesn't leave much time to get a visa for
Brazil (estimates of 1 month or more processing time, I mail my passport
to Montreal I believe).  So my point is that I am not sure if SDI-Open
can work for my timeline (in case there are those on the Board who
wonder about using more funding for my travel).  I will though see if a
Brazil visa can be expedited.  Short story: likely I will only use this
Seoul travel funding.  (sorry for long explanation!)

 > 5) For the new charter members elections, change the threshold of
 > required YES votes of charter members from 5% to 50%. See Jeff's e-mail
 > [1] for detailed explanations and the rationale of this change. If
 > needed, also check the Membership Process [2].

+1

-jeff