[Board] Fwd: EGU Townhall Report available.

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Jun 21 09:39:50 PDT 2015

I want to bring attention to the Board, Peter Löwe's thoughtful final
report on the recent OSGeo Townhall at EGU 2015.  Specifically, I would
hope that community members give a read to Peter's thoughts on future
"opportunities" to reach more scientists and future community members
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/EGU_Townhall_2015#Final_Report_.2F_Lessons_Learned).
  You'll notice similarities to our whole industry, where FOSS is known
but training and communication seem to be the strong need now.  Much
credit to Peter, Madi, Yann, Markus, others for leading here.  And, yes
it looks fun too!!!! Nothing wrong with that :)))

-jeff