[Board] Student Award initiative

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Mar 9 08:13:01 PDT 2015

But what I was told by the recipients at FOSS4G-Asia, is that these
certificates/awards are much more than a 'moral boost'; they use these
certificates to justify/apply for more funding at their institutions,
and also advance/apply to the next stages of their graduate careers.

So in fact that piece of paper is extremely valuable for the students.

-jeff