[Board] [OSGeo-Conf] Meeting to finalise OSGeo Code of Conduct / Diversity Statement

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue May 12 10:40:29 PDT 2015

Cameron, Board, all,

I will try to be at the meeting in ~2.5 hours (pending internet
stability where I am now, but seems to be fine).

Some comments that I will mention in meeting:

- as I've said before, I'm for keeping this simple and geared for our
own community (not copied from other communities).  Another example of a
simple statement written for our community?  I hope you've all seen the
FOSS4G-Europe "Code of Conduct" :

   http://europe.foss4g.org/2015/Be%20FOSS4G%20!

Brilliant really, concise, and written for our community.  This just
really sums up what our community is about (not a long page of big
words):  F-Free O-Open S-Safe S-Smart 4-Fun G-Gentle

- if we choose to go down the full "Code of Conduct" path, some have
contacted me asking how we will track, yes track, offenders.  (you can
see why I steered clear of a full "code" and would rather have a simple
diversity statement)  But yes, there is no mention of tracking
offenders, in your "code of conduct".  (who tracks? where are names
stored?  ...opens quite a can of issues)

See you soon at the meeting online.

Yours,

-jeff