[Board] sponsor contacts

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Nov 13 12:47:38 PST 2015

Le vendredi 13 novembre 2015 21:35:21, Cameron Shorter a écrit :
> On 14/11/2015 7:18 am, Jody Garnett wrote:
> > I actually have one more nifty idea since our priority as a community
> > is involvement. Could we count an organization sponsoring foss4g and
> > local events towards their sponsorship total reflected above? You
> > could limit that to just events where OSGeo is providing
> > backing/recycling profit.
>
> +1 Cameron.
> Nice idea Jody.
> If I understand correctly, this has the advantage that OSGeo sponsors
> would become FOSS4G sponsors and visa-versa, and would likely lead to
> some FOSS4G sponsors becoming sustaining OSGeo sponsors.

If I may give my feedback, as a non-native English speaker, the difference
between sustaining / primary / supporting isn't really obvious at all, I see
that Apache ( http://www.apache.org/foundation/sponsorship.html#Levels
 ) uses what I believe should be a much universal language based on metal
prices ;-) : Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze .

Eclipse ( https://eclipse.org/corporate_sponsors/corp_sponsor_details.php ) :
Platinum, Gold, Silver

Linux Foundation ( http://www.linuxfoundation.org/about/members ) : Platinum,
Gold, Silver, Affiliate