[Board] geo4all relationship

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Nov 17 06:33:22 PST 2015

I would like to explain this document.  This document was originally
drafted by Venka, Helena, and Maxi, as a google doc, and was then edited
by other board members.  Thank you to Venka, Helena and Maxi for seeing
the importance of the relationship with GeoForAll.

The GeoForAll initiative has been so successful, promoting education for
many groups such as the ICA, ISPRS, and OSGeo, but now we believe it is
time to define its relationship with the OSGeo foundation.  This
document aims to give several ways that this relationship can function,
and we hope that the end result of this discussion will be a clear view
on how OSGeo will continue its focus on education, with the strong
leadership of the GeoForAll initiative.

-jeff