[Board] [geoforall-ab] IMPORTANT - feedback and vote will be needed: geo4all relationship

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Nov 27 02:38:11 PST 2015

On 2015-11-26 9:19 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> I have added NASA World Winnd as an example and I tried to collect
> clarifications from this discussion -
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_OSGeo_Relationship

Also, Esri is not mentioned in the GeoForAll relationship document, but
it has been pointed out several times recently that GeoForAll should
also be about promoting Esri solutions (yes, I am not making this up).
If that is indeed the case, let us put it in writing here, as we must
somehow understand all of this.  Maybe those who feel that way, can edit
the wiki directly and explain -
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_OSGeo_Relationship

If you ask me, the OSGeo Board is having a difficult time figuring out
this relationship, mostly because GeoForAll is so broad in focus (which
is both amazing, and yet brings many questions).

-jeff