[Board] Board task: finalize liability agreement with FOSS4G 2016 committee

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Mon Oct 5 13:44:43 PDT 2015

Hi Jeff
I'm not blocking anything.
I just want that a discussion in the board happen. Did you call a vote?
Maybe i've missed it. You ask for a comment and i did it. I just want a
discussion and to understand what is the point of view of people.. not just
+1 or -1. I have motivated several time my view of things but not many
comment was raised.

I talked with Till in Seoul and i'm not blocking him and Bonn.

So what is the decison? Are we going to give 100k euro for all the  coming
events with 100K max liability? What is the % of revenue thay go back to
osgeo? What are the obligations for organizers? Hosting the osgeo community
meeting in the middle of the event with no other presentations or things
going on? There is a maximum fee? Shall the conference pay for president
flight and allowance?

The document addressed this? This are to me the rules we need... and not
just passing a motion and then the next year find out to be in the same
situation....

Just my 1 cent of swiss franc ;-)

maxi