[Board] Board task: finalize liability agreement with FOSS4G 2016 committee

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Oct 8 05:59:44 PDT 2015

Hi Jeff,

As you have guessed, joining today's meeting at the
time below is not doable for me.

I agree to Maxi about framing of some rules for
advancing the money. Budget matters are a responsibility
of the board and Conference Committee need to be
involved nor should have any say regarding advancing
money to LoC. Also, sorry, I do not recall if there was
any reason assigned in increasing the amount from
50,000USD (as in case of FOSS4G-Seoul) to 100,000Euro
in case of FOSS4G-2016.

Also, since the OSGeo Foundation operates from USA, all
figures could be in USD. There is sizable difference between
100,000Euro and 100,000USD.

Best

Venka