[Board] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Open GIS! Conference, Moscow, Russia, Nov 21-22

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at metaspatial.net
Fri Oct 9 07:55:35 PDT 2015

Folks,
this falls like dead center in our mission and in my opinion is worth
some investment. Would OSGeo consider funding a high level
representative to give a presentation there?

I am sure that someone from the board, a committee or a PSC from a
software project could be interested and available.

Have fun,
Arnulf

PS:
Two weeks ago I attended the Denmark QGIS user meeting (they could fund
my travel) to give a talk about how to "build" a community / or rather
how to help it emerge. For me it seemed overkill to ship a person around
for a 45 minute talk and half an hour Q&A but all confirmed that it was
really helpful. To us lots of this "Open Source community" stuff is
obvious, but it is really, really helpful for those who have not yet
attended a FOSS4G etc. And it seems that speaking in person still does
make a difference.