[Board] minutes and motions for 2015-09-19 (Seoul)

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Sat Sep 19 11:09:42 PDT 2015

Sorry to keep quiet for so long,
but I am still aboard right now so I can do whatever I want, right ? Ho yeah, I’m right :)

As some did not follow rule sin past I can do the exact same …

> Le 19 sept. 2015 à 23:19, Massimiliano Cannata <massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch> a écrit :
>
> Hello,
> here are the meeting minutes and motions from http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2015-09-19
>
> Board member please reply to this mail with your vote for the motions.
>
> Motions:
> 	• Approve past meeting's minutes

Sorry for not being able to attend, one more time, this meeting, but I went back one day before, not polite or name it the way you want … I think you all know already ...

> 	• Create a new official Paypal account for OSGeo (and transfer the money from the old account)

+1

> 	• OSGeo contact Web page: remove the form from the page and include the list of e-mails (board address, president, tresurer, discussion list, project mailing lists, etc..)

+1

> 	• Use Google infrastructure for mails and drive space

Mmm, may I ask for the old school rules, just to make sure we are sustainable, sorry for always putting the same topics again and again on the table, but the first goal is to be open (opensoftwarhs, open informations, open knowledge, open anything …) then to be welcome, but also to be sustainable ! So please, « help yourself and god will help you » I’ve heard, so let us, OSGeo, take good care of ourself and do not rely and others to be sustainable ! OSGeo is also there to help the projects or new comers right, so think twice …

> Other items:
> 	• Approved last minute

+1

> 	• Tresurer report: ~57k USD seed money transferred, extension for tax filling

May I ask what is the « ~ » is meaning « around » or « something like », then I will vote +0 as I don’t have access to this information, so bad. But anyway, do we have to vote on this item ?

> 	• Paypal account, need make a new account and transfer money from old to new
> 	• Rasdaman: on OpenHub errouneously it is owned by osgeo, request to change it immediately. Jeff corrected it and apologize for the error.
> 	• New board members require information to quickly get involved and active
> 	• Election, charter members shall vote to continue with membership, we should cope with this
> 	• Next week more details on results of election
> 	• Membership process
>
> Actions
> 	• Mike create Paypal account
> 	• Jeff ask Tyler for access details
> 	• Jeff talk to CoC to acknowledge that the board think that also ethic misconducts is topic for CoC committee

We should stop speaking about CoC as it disturb so many people all around the world and also in France, sorry for being from there, but still, I feel we are open enough to not taking much care of the way we have to behave in community as we can easily adapt ourself to the current situation everywhere and that what made OSGeo so powerful in fact ..

Adding this kind of topic just make all of us thinking about useless things and the goals are far from this … being open and welcoming is something else … CoC is a waste of time, sorry for speaking so frankly ...

> 	• Vasile: Send info to new board members based on http://arnulf.us/sevendipity/archives/49-OSGeo-Director-Retrospective.html
> 	• New board: examine the election process and consider to adopt a nomination + second letters from other members and no veto to be **selected**, then if veto board could take a decision

They are just elected and you want them to speak or discuss about the election process, are you kidding or what ? Sorry, I cannot attend this one even if I called for it to happen :/

Best.