[Board] preparing the GEO - OSGeo partnership

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Tue Aug 30 02:02:34 PDT 2016

Dear board,

as decided on the board meeting, I will work on a partnership between
OSGeo and GEO.

Here are some points that can be embedded in the MOU (or partneragreement)

If you have any suggestions, comments, please let me know, so I can take
these with me.

(Draft version)

1.    OSGeo promotes collaborative development of open source geospatial
software.
2.    GEO Promotes Broad Open Data Policy
3.    GEO through the GEOSS Common infrastructure has access to approx
150 Open data data providers reaching approx 200.000 ml resources.
4.    OSGeo has, as an organisation of individual members, a very strong
network for outreach trough our mailing lists, code sprints and FOSS4G
conferences.
5.     OSGeo has through her GEO4All channel the possibility to address
students and academic researchers with training material and OSGeo
software tools.
6.     OSGeo and GEO through their partnership could benefit each other
in leveraging the use of the resources for applications using open
source software and open data.

Dirk

--
Yours sincerely,