[Board] OSGeo Git hosting infrastructure (was: Overview of all current FOSS4G conferences)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Aug 31 00:43:53 PDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 11:50:09PM +0200, Luca Delucchi wrote:
> On 30 August 2016 at 11:34, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
>

> >  What remain separated are the
> > issues and pull requests.
>
> could be this last point be solved in some automatic way?
> Otherwise could disable issues and pull requests in one of the two
> system?  specialy having duplicate issues repository could be annoying

I don't know about GitLab, but Gogs allows you to disable the issue
tracker and specify an external one, so that ticket references in
commit logs point to the correct tracker, see this example:
https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/postgis/postgis/commit/27e148cd94ea4981e45b83ce26b0ec6ed3116987

You can also disable pull requests, but I dunno what worth is that,
at that point.

My long term vision about avoiding duplication of tickets is to
store tickets too in a git repository. Many systems do exist
to do that but I know of no integration of such systems with
these hosting solutions (unfortunately).

> Thanks for the time and energy on this topic

I hope you can join the forces, starting from the gathering of
requirements: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GitServiceRequirement
And following with co-maintaining one of the experimental services
or contributing to their enhancement.

--strk;