[Board] MOTION: encouraging projects in incubation to get ready till next FOSS4G

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 31 22:27:08 PDT 2016

Hello,

I would like to make a motion to get incubation process finished till
next FOSS4G.

In details...
What do you think about the idea of encouraging the projects that are in
incubation to get ready with the incubation till the next FOSS4G?

We could also make this milestone more interesting like this:
Get ready till FOSS4G - then you
* can present your new project or
* you will be mentioned in a speech by OSGeo,
* maybe welcome the project chair & psc with an OSGeo-brooch ,
* you get your project name printed on the OSGeo Roll-Up,
* get travel grants or the hotel costs paid or another bonus to join the
OSGeo code sprint and to come to FOSS4G to get to know the commmunity
that you get part of.

This will encourage projects and give them recognition.

What do you think about this idea?

Same we could do with new local Chapters - but that is a topic for a
different list...

Astrid

--
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Astrid_Emde