[Board] About Board_Meeting_2016-2-11

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Thu Feb 11 05:20:41 PST 2016

Dear all,

I appended an agenda topic vor the varia part or the meeting:
OSGeo supporting GWF2016 - define the theme of the OSGeo event

I think every event should be seen as an outreach opportunity. As we, as
a supporting organisation have to organise an OSGeo event, we should
think of a proper team to stay focussed.

As GWF attracts people from over the whole Geosector, we should take
this opportunity to 'sell' the OSGeo values, mission and vision.
Selecting a great team is an important step to give focus on this event.

suggestion 1: How OSGeo is involved in the Geospatial Landscape
suggestion 2: What OSGeo can do for you and how you can help

Sorry to be so late to put the item on the agenda,
I know it is no excuse we had already a busy time defining the budget,
vision, mission and goals, but time goes fast and the event is approaching

Regards,
Dirk

On 09-02-16 09:51, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have created wiki page for our next board meeting
> scheduled for 11 Feb. 2016 [1]. Please add agenda items
> and edit the pages.
>
> best
>
> Venka
>

> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2016-2-11