[Board] About some process clarification

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Feb 18 18:33:09 PST 2016

Dear All,

I recently had a very fruitful interaction with Tom Kralidis
regarding some items listed below that require clarification of process
and decouple the from specific people/emails. This would ensure that our
communications related to these items become more sustainable and
transparent and traceable.

a) OpenHUB OSGeo [1] admin
b) OSGeo Service Provider updates [3]

Regarding item a) above, issues/requests related to OSGeo Open Hub
were going to mailing list or info at osgeo.org and maybe in some
cases directly to the Managers (Mateusz Loskot and Jeff McKenna).

Tom and I agreed that it would be better to have documented process on OSGeo
Wiki that people could know about the option of filing a trac ticket
and interact with SAC directly. Tom has kindly made a draft wiki page [2]
documenting the process. So we all agree with the process described in [2],
it can be adopted/approved and communicated on our website.

Regarding the item b) OSGeo Service Provider updates, request for updates
are currently directed to info at osgeo.org [see [3]). Tom has also kindly added
details about the process of filing trac tickets in our Service Provider Wiki page
[4]. So, if we agree to the process mentioned in [4] the same can be communicated
on our website.

Tom, thanks for your input and suggestions. I am also marking CC to Mateusz and
Jeff as they are managing OSGeo-OpenHub [2].

Best

Venka

[1] https://www.openhub.net/orgs/OSGeo
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OpenHub