[Board] About some process clarification

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Sun Feb 21 20:59:08 PST 2016

On 2/22/2016 1:07 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Think those are two seperate motions:
Fine.
>> I would like to move a motion to approve
>>
>> 1) Business process on managing OSGeo Open Hub requests
>> using trac ticketing as outlined in [1]
>>
> -1 OSGeo "claiming" a project should be limited to "incubation" and "osgeo
> labs" (soon to be renamed) process.
>
> It would be a bit rude of us to claim projects that have:
> a) not expressed interest in being part of osgeo
> b) not met our requirements for being open source and inclusive

I think this motion needs further clarification from my side.
The intention of the motion was not about "claiming" projects but to
make requests
coming from OSGeo Projects (graduated, in incubation, osgeo-labs (or
whatever
we are going to name it)) more sustainable and transparent and traceable.
Basically, to clarify on our website that requests regarding
OSGeo-OpenHub [1]
be filed as tract ticket rather than contacting the OSGeo-OpenHub managers
(Mateusz Loskot and Tom Kralidis) directly or sending e-mail to
info at osgeo.org
as outlined in [2].

The new process is described in the wiki-page that Tom made (I made a
few minor edits)
and available at [2] which needs to be approved by the board.

Best

Venka

[1] https://www.openhub.net/orgs/OSGeo
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OpenHub