[Board] [EXTERNAL] Re: Project sponsoring

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Tue Feb 23 12:47:00 PST 2016

Hi Jody

> On 22 Feb 2016, at 03:51, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Tim can we pay the project back that 20%? If you need something done (or unhappy with how things are going down) your project officer can take up up with the board....
>
> I am not aware of the history at the time; but I want to ensure the foundation is setup to be a useful resource for projects. (We set this up once for projects, I do not want to set it up again for GeoTools, GeoServer, GDAL etc…)

That’s a very kind offer! It’s water under the bridge for us so though so although I appreciate the gesture, I don’t have any desire to go and fish out the old emails and find out what the amounts in question were. We have since put everything we need in place to self manage our project funds. QGIS has recently formed a legal entity and we will finally be opening our own project bank account after previously relying on the kind support of the Swiss QGIS User’s Group who managed our funds in their account. It will be great if you have mechanisms in place to help other projects coming along behind us in a way that the net effect of being an OSGeo Project is a positive one on the project’s bank balance and not a negative one (which If I read this thread correctly is now the case).

Thanks and kind regards

Tim

—

Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net