[Board] [OSGeo-Conf] Overview of all current FOSS4G conferences

Andrea Ross andrea.ross at eclipse.org
Tue Jan 5 11:42:11 PST 2016

Dear Cameron,

Yeah, as you note, sadly blip.tv changed their business model and even
though FOSSLC was paying for hosting, they simply stopped offering the
service altogether, and the videos went off-line. This was actually
years ago and very few people noticed.

I went back to a backup archive to restore some particularly noteworthy
& timeless videos that people requested and upload them to YouTube. I
don't want to promise to do others as candidly the same effort applied
elsewhere is much more benefit.

Peter's group has been in touch with me regarding FOSS4G videos I have
recorded as well as other conferences I have recorded such as BSDCan,
PGCon, EclipseCon, and others. It looks very likely that moving forward,
at least for the ones I'm involved with in some way, they'll be both in
YouTube & the TIB archive which is great.

Kind regards,

Andrea