[Board] FOSS4G 2017 contracting & funding

Michael Terner mgt at appgeo.com
Thu Jan 21 09:47:41 PST 2016

While entirely respecting the ongoing efforts and precedence for both the
FOSS4G 2016 even in Bonn and the FOSS4GNA 2016 in Raleigh, NC, the Boston
Location Organizing Committee (BLOC) has begun our planning in earnest.
Toward that end it is time for us to formally engage with our Professional
Conference Organizer (PCO) and to think about contracts. Our understanding
is that this generally happens with contracts between OSGeo and the PCO,
and then the PCO acting as a financial agent on behalf of OSGeo vis a vis
entering into contracts with the venue and other suppliers.

At this stage we are looking for guidance/confirmation on the process and
with whom we should engage to get details and start the ball rolling? We
also understand that it may be possible to obtain some early advance
funding that could support our startup until the Bonn event concludes and
we really accelerate the planning process.

Thank you in advance for your support and guidance...

Sincerely,

MT & the BLOC
--
*Michael Terner*
*Executive Vice President*

--
This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise