[Board] Application for funding QGIS Codesprint/Developers meeting - QGIS HackFest, Girona

Lluís Vicens lluis at sigte.udg.es
Wed Mar 16 08:25:12 PDT 2016

On 16/03/16 00:51, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
> Hi Luis,

> On 2016/03/15 21:14, Lluís Vicens wrote:
>>
>> To be clear, our application for funding is not for taking on a
>> sponsorship (sponsorship it is intended to cover the Spanish foss4g
>> and the QGIS Conference expenses), but for covering the hack fest
>> expenses derived from accommodation and food for
>> participants/attendants.
>
> Thanks for your clarification that your request is for covering
> expenses related to QGIS hackfest only.
>
> Can you please point me to the QGIS Hackfest call for sponsor
> page if it exists. I can view the QGIS Conference Sponsor Guide at
> [1] but cannot find similar guide for the QGIS Hackfest.

Dear Venka,

There's no official call for "sponsor hackfest" page, and that's the
reason why we sent our request for funding the hackfest to the OSGeo
Foundation via the Board of Directors.

It seemed far easy to look for some external sponsorship for the
conference than for a hackfest and that's the reason why we elaborated a
sponsorship guide only for the conference.

Our aim, with the support of OSGeo, is to cover as much as possible all
the hackfest expenses, as well as offering a set of free entraces to the
QGIS Conference to those (most of) developers also attending the hackfest.

Kind regards,
Lluís

--
*Lluís Vicens*
Servei de Sistemes d'Informació Geogràfica

http://www.sigte.udg.edu
Twitter http://twitter.com/SIGTE_UDG