[Board] [SAC] SSL Certificate Policy

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri May 6 13:45:52 PDT 2016

Um, right - can the committee hire someone to fix that for you? You may
want to set up some kind of T&M contract that SAC can use for emergency

- So yeah committees like SAC can get an annual budget (and have Alex as an
officer to authorize day-to-day emergencies on behalf of the committee).
- As GeoTools officer last year (since geotools has not have an operational
budget) I had to ask the board for help when codehaus shutdown.
- For other members that want to get things done, then you would go to the
board with the idea, set up a working group
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors#Working_Groups> with a
mandate/budget from the board.

Please extend our thanks to the SAC, it sounds like this is being a
terrible week.

Jody Garnett