[Board] [OSGeo-Conf] Conference Committee Review, WAS: Proposal: Invite Andrea Ross, from LocationTech to join the OSGeo Conference Committee

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at mapsherpa.com
Tue May 31 05:21:20 PDT 2016

Hi Cameron and Maxi,

Thanks for the quick feedback on this.

The decision (ie who makes it) I think here is less of the issue than the actual process itself.

Does anyone else feel that we could do a better job here if we scrapped this competitive LOC process and instead worked to compare potential cities/countries and make a decision this way?

FOSS4G-NA has worked this way for several years, and it seems like a much more collaborative approach to making a decision, instead of the bureaucratic RFP-like process we’ve put in place that really locks us in to a pre-set path.

Dave