[Board] resuming discussion on vice-presidents and officers

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Tue Nov 8 15:02:26 PST 2016

Dear All,

I am voting "disagreed" for the present MOT6 on loomio because;

a) I have already voted "agreed" for "MOT3: President and Vice-President
be selecting
from current board" and also explained my views in my earlier mail to
this list [1].

b) I think the President and regional Vice-President should be able
to vote on motions tabled at the board meetings. This is presently
possible only for elected board members.

I am also for continuing our current practice of appointing our charter
members
(or external members, although there is no precedence for this) as
Officers for other committee (marketing, incubation, SAC, Geo4All, UN,
etc.)
and software PSCs.

Current board members Helena, Angelos and Anita were nominated as regional
Vice-President at our last board meeting. Anita had declined. Therefore,
I would like to propose the following new motions.

MOT8: Helena to continue as regional Vice-President for the rest of
her term as elected Board member. (Nominated by Venka and seconded by
Maria at the board meenting held on 3 Nov. 2016)

MOT9: Appoint Angelos as our new regional Vice-President for the rest of
his term as elected Board member. (Nominated by Venka and seconded by
Maria at the board meeting held on 3 Nov. 2016 and also earlier on loomio)

Best

Venka

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2016-November/014703.html