[Board] UN Meeting

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 02:36:58 PDT 2016

I hope the board will separate a discussion on whether it wishes to be represented at this meeting from the process of selecting a representative.

Ideally the Board would set out how attendance at this meeting fits in with its broader outreach strategy, identify the objectives of attendance and through that the type of representation that is needed (i.e. advocacy, marketing, standards, technical or academic)

The process of selecting a delegate to support should be open and transparent providing an opportunity for any qualified OSGeo member to put themselves forward for the role. The Board should in my opinion, set out a policy and process for selecting representatives before making a decision on who should represent us at this meeting.
______
Steven