[Board] FOSS4G - Mentor

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 00:03:59 PDT 2016

Jeff, board,

I suggest that if the OSGeo mentor role discussion is re-introduced, the
conference committee should be given the opportunity to take the
leadership and oversight of the role. (This discussion is current on the
board email list)

The conference committee should be in a position to say whether they
have sufficient volunteer time to provide such service, or whether they
would benefit from being able to delegate to a paid position (which
should answer to the conference committee).

Cheers, Cameron

Cameron Shorter
M +61 419 142 254