[Board] vice president discussion

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 17:33:03 PDT 2016

aside: taking this into a seperate thread, since it is a change of topic.

Looking into this Dirk, sorry I was working and could not attend the
meeting:

*14:26:06 venka: Agenda 6: Selecting OSGeo Vice-President*
*14:26:55 helena_: it would be good to have somebody with industry contacts
for the second vice-president*
*14:26:56 vcraciunescu: this should also be postponed for a meeting when
all board members will attend*
*14:27:06 kalxas: vcraciunescu, +1*
*14:27:09 maria: +1*
*14:27:11 helena_: yes, I think it would be good to have Jody*
*14:27:16 venka: I suggest we start a thread on loomio and select our new
VP*

Checking Loomio there is indeed a discussion / motion

*https://www.loomio.org/d/jWiY2zLA/vice-president
<https://www.loomio.org/d/jWiY2zLA/vice-president>*

So yeah I confess myself confused on this one, we have no requirement for
our officers to be board members - and I feel you are fulfilling your role
very well (and had some activities scheduled as our vice-president that I
would hate to interrupt).

Let us assume that this was an assumption each vice-president had to be a
board member; rather than any reflection on your capabilities or commitment.

While our organization does not have a director we tend to lean on the
office of president to pick up activities. Backing Venka up with two
vice-presidents is one way of picking up the strain (since we would like
Venka to remain cheerful).
--
Jody Garnett