[Board] FOSS4G 2018 - Request for Proposals now open

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Fri Sep 23 02:57:27 PDT 2016

Steven and the whole cc team:
thank you very much for all the hard work!
It is really appreciated by the thousands of people coming to the
hundreds of FOSS4G events, almost every week, somewhere in the world.
These local FOSS4G events wouldn't be possible if we didn't have a well
functioning organising committee for the yearly global event, promoting
FOSS4G and OSGeo.

Thank you for volunteering and getting things forward!

Dirk

On 2016-09-22 23:47, Steven Feldman wrote:
> I am pleased to announce that the process to select a host for FOSS4G
> 2018 has now opened.
>
> 2018 is designated as  a “Rest of the World” year (i.e. not North
> America or Europe)
>
> Details of the selection process, the RfP document, key dates and useful
> links are available at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2018_Bid_Process
>
> Any questions should be submitted to conference_dev at lists.osgeo.org
> <mailto:conference_dev at lists.osgeo.org> not by replying in the list in
> which this message has been posted, please start a new mail thread with
> a subject line beginning FOSS4G 2018
>
> The Conference Committee are excited at the prospect of reaching new
> communities in 2018 and sharing our passion for FOSS4G. We look forward
> to receiving your proposals.
>
> May the FOSS be with you
> ______
> Steven Feldman