[Board] [Marketing] Brochure

Venka venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 02:11:28 PDT 2017

On 2017/07/31 22:29, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Venka we can have this discussion on the incubation list - it is part of
> the larger what are we doing with projects discussion.

I think this discussion has to be on the board-list.

> I see no need to promote these projects for work they are not performing.

I strongly disagree with the statement above.

a) What do you mean by "not performing". Is the a the yardstick
for measuring such non-performance? OTB which was in incubation has
graduated recently, and I see at least  few projects in incubation
that are very active and perhaps on the verge of graduation too.

b) I think we should not confuse between projects included in
OSGeo-Live and projects being incubated in OSGeo.

c) I see the need to attract more and more projects to incubate
in OSGeo and give them necessary visibility as "OSGeo Project in incubation"

Venka